I haven’t been blogging as often as usual on here because I’ve now got a tumblr. If you’ve got a tumblr or want one or whatever check mine out. Thanks.
Posts tagged internet
What Makes Me Happy:
1. The way you can slide back into a good book without the characters even noticing you were gone. They embrace you back into the world that’s not your own and keep on moving forward with something that is beautiful and precious and brilliant.
2. The way my laughter can’t be supressed and ruptures the barrier of ‘don’t’ so when I think something’s funny everybody knows it and the way laughter racks my body soundlessly until the last hiccup.
3. English class. Everything–every detail–about it. My teacher’s laugh at how ridiculous the boys in the class are and the way almost every single person in my class has come to me for help with an assignment. The independence to work on writing assignments and the truth exposed in that hour. Just an hour, but a perfect one.
4. Anagrams because they show how the same letters could have been used differently and because often times those anagrams are just different ways of saying the same thing in the original word. They show that if you didn’t like it one way, you can change it to the other and it won’t matter much.
5. Books that smell of must when you fan their pages and hold their spine to your nose. I wholeheartedly believe this smell should be bottled and sold and worn on the wrists and necks of female bibliophiles everwhere. It would certainly attract the bookish men, and that would be a lot easier than some other ways to go about it.
6. John Green. He is amazingly brilliant and insightful and cares about the people he loves and people he’s never met and he’s the author of the books that are undeniably a part of me.
7. Imagining how a scene in your future will play out the way you want it in a movie dramatic way even though that’s not how it will happen. It allows you to believe that movie magic is more than movie magic and is real life magic.
8. Words. Words should be number one, even though this list is in no particular order. Words heal, injure, hope, sadden, enlighten, provoke. They are strong and delicate simultaneously. Words create sentences which create paragaraphs which create ideas which inspire…
9…Books. Books are my everything. They are tear-catchers, idea vessels, friends, inspiration. The way they look and feel and are is miraculous. Books may not last forever, but what they say does.
10. Sarcasm because you don’t get sarcasm unless you’re intelligent enough. It’s like intelligent people on the defensive. Someone said that before me, somebody dead and famous, but I don’t know so let’s just let you think I’m profound for a second.
11. Elephants. They make me happy because they stand for the things for which I stand. They stand for the strength of females and the idea of appearance being an entirely separate entity from soul. They are beautiful and strong and intelligent. They are creative and funny, emotional. They are like humans who care more about the fellow members of their species.
12. The way paint slides over a smooth canvas on a thing, flat brush with such fluidity that what you made looks great and makes you believe that even if you messed up, you can fix it.
13. Friends with whom you can share inside jokes and real emotions and call you on your bluff.
14. The Internet. No matter what the parents say, the Internet is not a destroyer of brain cells; it is one of the many things that makes those brain cells thrive. The Internet is a convergence of people, haters and lovers, laughers and criers; it is a convergence of ideas and hope and emotion that make people love and laugh.
To be continued…